What is Jumpstart?
Jumpstart is a dashboard that runs on a TV in the CSH Elevator Lobby. Its primary goal is to display relevant information to members of CSH to jumpstart their days.
- Displays the date & time
- CSH Logo that changes colors based on time of day. The logo can also change for holidays
- A spot for announcements, which Eboard members can make through our Slack. This is done using a custom slack app that utilizes Slack’s APIs.
- A module that displays a random title from r/showerthoughts every 30 seconds.
- A module that displays real-time status information from CSH’s server room.
- A calendar module that uses the Google calendar API to display a contdown to the next 10 events from the CSH calendar.
- A module that displays a daily forecast.
- A module that shows the name of the file that Harold is playing.
What I learned through Jumpstart
More blog posts