Grammar Rules and Other Random Thoughts
- Don't use no double negatives.
- Don't never use no triple negatives.
- No sentence fragments
- Corollary: Complete sentences: important.
- Avoid cliches like the plague.
- ex.#1: She used cliches like there was no tommorrow.
- ex.#2: He used cliches like they were going out of style.
- Always good syntax use.
- Don't put the emPHAsis on the wrong syLABle.
- Do'nt mispel wurds.
- Avoid those run on sentences that just go on and on and on and never
stop and they have no ending and you really wish the person
would just shut up but no they just continue to babble
incessently never stopping and these sentences they just keep
going and they last until the end of time if you know what I
mean or get my drift or something like that... do you?
- Don't be terse.
- Never be redundant and repeat youself and say the same things over and
- Never use silly purposeless, useless, ridiculous, bomabastic,
- Never contradict yourself always.
- All generalisations are bad
- Corollary: All statements must be specific.
- Avoid at all costs those abominable, outrageously repellent
- Everyone should be a non-conformist.
- People who insult others are jerks.
- Nobody has a right to his opinion.
- Don't fucking curse.
- Remember to end each sentence with a period
- Don't use question marks inappropriately?
- I could be wrong but in all likelihood it probably wouldn't be an all
around good idea to use unnecessary qualifiers.
- You should never use the second person.
- The passive voice should never be used.
- Take care that your verb and subject is in agreement.
- Don't obfuscate your communications with extraneous verbiage.
- Don't use very good, quite nice, trite adjectives.
- Keep your ear to the grindstone, your nose to the ground, take the
bull by the horns of a dilemma, and stop mixing your
- Don't be vague and stuff like that.
- Long ago, when everybody will use good grammar, nobody misuses verb
- Join clauses good like a conjunction should.
- When dangling, watch your participles.
- Make each pronoun agree with their antecedent.
- Don't use commas, which aren't necessary.
- Try not ever to split infinitives.
- Its important that you use your apostrophe's correctly.
- A preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.
- Down with categorical imperitives.
- Always be decisive. Well, maybe you shouldn't be decisive...on the
other hand, maybe you should be......actually maybe not....
- Never compromise, or at least not too often.
- Stop calling me immature or I'll tell on you.
- If you don't stop being stubborn I'm going to hold my breath until I
- Why no ossifer, I'm not under the alcofluence of incohol.
- Death to intolerance.
- We will fight to the death for our pacifist aims.
- Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it.
- Always be punctilious, puntual, punishing, and pungent, punt on
fourth and ten and expunge bad puns from your writing.
- Never cut off the end of a
- I really hate it when people complain.
- Never go of on tangents or lose your train... train... train... I have
this great story about this railway trip I took...
- Anarchy should be the law.
- Never listen to advice.